Cell Immortalization Services
Creative Bioarray provides cell immortalization services based our experienced scientists and elaborate technical platforms. We have successfully immortalized cells from multiple tissues and species. We have the ability to meet all your needs.
About Cell Immortalization
Cells directly from multicellular organism are more closely to in vivo state. However, they normally have a limited lifespan and are difficult to culture in vitro. Scientists frequently need to re-establish fresh cultures. This is a time- and labor-consuming process. A possible solution to circumvent this hurdle is cell immortalization. It is reported that some naturally occurred or intentionally induced mutations can enable cells to evade normal senescence and keep undergoing division. These cells that can be cultured indefinitely in vitro are called immortalized cells.
Methods of Cell Immortalization
- Isolation from cancer, such HeLa cells from cervical cancer.
- Hybridoma technology is another common use method to generate immortalised B cell lines by fusing with a myeloma cell for antibody production.
- Introduction of a viral gene, such as SV40 T antigens and EBV, can partially deregulate the cell cycle.
- Use key proteins required for immortality, such as telomerase, for the expansion of cells.
- Inactivation of tumor suppression genes, such as p53 and Rb, or overexpression of oncogenes, such as Ras and Myc.
Figure 1. Schematic diagram on how to immortalize primary keratinocytes by a retroviral transduction of HPV E6 and E7 oncogenes. (Choi, M., & Lee, C., 2015)
Applications of Cell Immortalization
- As a simple model for more complex biological systems to simplify the analysis of cell biology.
- As a powerful tool for the study of cell growth, diferentiation and senescence.
- Clonal population of immortalized cells is desirable for repeatable scientific experiments.
- Widely used in a variety of biological and pharmaceutical applications, such as protein expression and production, toxicology, cancer biology, hematology, immunology and drug development.
Figure 2. Schematic diagram illustrating the applications of male germ cell and Sertoli cell lines in basic studies and translation medicine. (Wang H, et al., 2016)
Advantages of Cell Immortalization
- Be able to propagate indefinitely in vitro and easier to culture.
- Quick and continuous growth makes it possible to purify a large amount of proteins or continuously express target genes.
- More genetically identical to provide consistent and reproducible results.
- Immortalized cells can be customized from multiple tissues and species as your requirement.
- Provide phenotypic characterization of immortalized cells.
- Experienced scientists to customize tailored solutions for your project.
- Fast turnaround time and competitive price.
With the most current methods for cell immortalization, Creative Bioarray' services can significantly extend replicative capacity of your target cells. We can enable you to use the consistent cells in your research. With our help, you can save time for more important scientific findings.
If you are interested in our cell line adaptation services, please feel free to contact us. We are looking forward to cooperating with you.
- Choi, M., & Lee, C. Immortalization of primary keratinocytes and its application to skin research. Biomolecules & therapeutics, 2015, 23(5), pp: 391.
- Wang H, et al. Establishment and applications of male germ cell and Sertoli cell lines. Reproduction, 2016, 152(2), pp: R31-R40.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.